Happy first Sunday of Advent!
I sent an email out with many of our important dates/details happening this month. Here is a brief run-through:
1. Advent Wreath blessing Monday @ 7:55 following Courtyard Prayer .
2. This Friday is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, 10am the typical Wednesday mass times.
3. Christmas concert Friday the 15 at 6pm. Drop kiddos off at classrooms at 5:30 dressed in Christmas best!
4. Class Party- Wednesday December 20th at 1:30-2:30 More details to follow from homeroom parents.
5. Kinder Nativity walk on Friday December 22 at 11:10. More detail in today's red folder!
6. Mystery Reader! To share in the excitement of the season, we'd love you to sign up to be a mystery reader. check out the sign up below!
Mystery Reader signup
Here is what we will be working onthis week:
Reading: This week's lesson is about Animal Bodies. The students will hear the stories A Zebra's World and What Do You Do With a Tail Like This? Our sound is /f/ and our Alphafriends name is Fifi Fish. Two new sight words are "you" and "what."
Math: We will wrap up our chapter on numbers to 100 this week. The students will review concepts through hands on math centers and small group work with Mrs. Foley and myself. They will be assessed on this chapter at the end of the week.
Religion: We will recap on the first week of Advent and prepare for the upcoming second week, this Sunday. The students will hear the story of Mary saying "yes" to God. We also will celebrate St. Nicholas Day on Wednesday.
Lots of fun this week. Reach out with any questions or concerns!